Sunday, July 1, 2012

Processed to Curly

Hi lovelies!!

I hope all is well for you all!

For my first post back I will be starting a mini-series that is to last about 6 weeks (hopefully).  Many of you may not know this, but I actually have VERY curly hair, or I used to until I started straightening it and iron curling it twice a week.

I don't know if it is because I haven't had a cute in ages, well months, or the fact that I style it so frequently, or being pregnant, or ALL of the above, but my hair is awful now!  It is so fine and damaged around my face and the top of my head but underneath is so luxurious and thick.  I swear I have at least 3-4 different kinds of hair on my head, which is entirely possible!  I know I have at least 3 types of curls on my head!  The front and top are kinky/frizzy, the middle is wavy, and the underneath is on the curlier side of wavy.

So in order to correct or help mend the damage I am putting my heat styling aids aside for 6 weeks.  One reason is what I am assuming is horrible damage.  The other is out of sheer vanity.  I have found that unless my hair is done and styled I do not feel as though I look attractive.  Ummm, yuck! I have curly hair, if I take care of it, it should be beautiful!

Also, I am trying to break the styling habit, because I certainly will not have 30-45 minutes every 3-4 days to style it with a newborn! I'll be luck to shower every 3-4 days!!

So lovelies, today I am starting a 6 week journey to healthy, natural hair.  I will update you once a week for the next six weeks on the progress of my hair!

I have stopped using conventional shampoos and conditioners for washing, at least for the next couple of weeks to rebalance my hair.  In turn, I am using a baking soda mixture and an apple cider vinegar diluted rinse.  I have used this method twice and so far my hair is softer, but much, much frizzier!  But I chalk it up to hair detox! Hahaha.  I am considering adding a Nioxin(R) product into the mix called Diamax(R).  Now I do not necessarily have thinning hair, I don't believe, but this product is said to increase the shaft size of your hair, making it more voluminous.  And since one of my main issues is the thinness around my face and crown, it may be worth a try.  I have also noticed a general "thinning" or loss of body in my hair.  This is most likely due to any chemical treatments and heat styling over the years.  So, I thought I would take a step in slowing the process.  Hey, its worth a try, right?!?  If I do begin to use this product, I will let you know when I start, and how it is progressing.  I will also let you know if I add a curly friendly shampoo & conditioner back into my routine.  It will most likely be Paul Mitchell(R), a brand I grew up using, or rather my mother used on my hair and I never stopped until those awful rebel teen years.  I could write an entire post on Paul Mitchell(R), and I may when I do re-incorporate their products back into my routine.

That is all for now loves.  I hope you have had an incredible weekend and have a safe, FUN Fourth of July!!!

xoxo,

-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or a question! I really appreciate it and will answer as quickly as I can!