Sunday, July 22, 2012

Processed to Curly: Part 4

Hi loves!!

Well it's that time of week again.  Hair update time!  I know you are all so excited, so first some pictures.

The middle/back 
I don't know what to call this, wavy? curly? messy?

the top/front
Ugh, this part is just awful.  It's straight, frizzy, dry, damaged.

Another side view
It's curly/wavy kinda.  It's just so odd and awkward.

The front.
Ugh, it's is really terrible. The roots are kinky, the ends are basically straight, and it just sticks out in all directions with no shape or style.

So this week I did the olive oil/conditioner treatment again, but let it sit in my hair for about an hour.  I like how soft and shiny it made my hair, but it also made it clumpy and greasy looking.  (One reason why I was hesitant to give it another go when recommended.)

I think it has come down to the basics of needing a good haircut and product regimen to help fix my hair.  The front is literally so fried that split ends just happen, no heat induced splitting here.  Also, the fact that my hair doesn't really have shape or style is really making me want to take hot tools to it again. But I promised you all 6 weeks of no heat, and I plan to stick to my word.  This hasn't been easy at all.  I know that sounds terribly vain, but I am realizing a woman should do what makes HER look and feel pretty, regardless of if it seems to conform to society or not.  Example:  One of my good friends has stopped wearing makeup daily and feels so much better and at ease, which is great.  But my hair, which I have never had issues with, is giving me some stress and anxiety.  So I really think it is up to women to do what makes them feel best!!  But this is a point I am just now understanding.  I always thought I was prettier with my hair curled or straight with wavy ends, but I always kind of did that because I thought that was how guys would like to see me.  I am now realizing that I like my hair "done" and ready to go at a moments notice.  I feel better physically, psychologically, and emotionally.  When my hair is "natural" or gobbiditaly goop, I am so frustrated, and it honestly takes me way longer to get ready and find something I am comfortable in to wear because I don't want to look sloppy and unkept.  Now, I realize some people like and use this look, but it is not one I prefer, or like at all.

Phew, OK, great to have that off my chest.  Now time to schedule a haircut and see if the next two weeks can actually have progress!

xoxo,
-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or a question! I really appreciate it and will answer as quickly as I can!