Thursday, July 19, 2012

animal style

Hi loves!!

As some of you know, I am completely and utterly obsessed with interior design at the moment.  (Well I always have been, it's just on steroids at the moment.)

In searching for fun room elements that are childishly mature, I have found so many fun animal pieces!!! Here are some pieces I love, and where I would put them!

1) Doggie Pillow from West Elm (sadly this is no longer available :(...)


I think this would be super fun, and a little cheeky, in a guest room as an unexpected bed pillow.  I'd do white/off-white bedding with red pipping.  I'd also monogram the shams in quirky nighttime sayings.

2) White Lacquer Moose head & Deer head from Z Gallerie.


&


These would be perfect in a his/her changing room OR just outside a his/hers closet!! **Note: The deer head is considerably smaller than the moose head!!**  (There was a large deer head, but it looked to masculine to differentiate between an obvious his and hers effect.)  I would use the moose head to hang his ties and bow ties.  I'd even put a tie around his neck!  The deer is perfect for bright vintage silk scarves!  (Yes, I know female deer do not grow antlers.)  And I would place a big bauble around the deers neck.  It's a great way to display gorgeous ties, bow ties, pocket squares, vintage scarves, and big costume jewelry!

3) DIY ideas!  

  
{I honestly cannot remember where I saw/found this.  I know it was on a blog, I saved it for my personal inspiration and memory.  I am so sorry I don't have a link.  If anyone knows where they have seen this, please feel free to post it in the comments section!  **I am not meaning to intentionally "steal" this image or the idea.**}

Ok, all that aside.  I think this is brilliant for many things!!  If I remember correctly the elephant is a children's toy that was spray painted then glued to a gorgeous rock piece.  I love so many things about this.  The DIY effect, the repurposing, the mix of media, the color & contrast, and the this would work in any room of your house!! You can do this with any plastic animal toy and rock, which is brilliant because ANYONE can do this!!!  And it is very affordable.  If I had to guess this cost under $10, maybe even less if you already have toys like this lying around.  You could use this in a children's room as they out grow these toys for decor and memories.  You could use this in your office, in your living room.  I think a pair of these would be fun and whimsical as centerpiece in your dining area!

4) Rabbit door knocker from Anthropologie. 

This is just too cute!! It may not "go" with anyones home, but that is the point!! It reminds me of The Tales of Peter Rabbit! I dare any house guest not too use this adorable knocker.


Well there are some fun animal pieces for the kid in all of us!  There are so many more out there, and I could post on and on about them! 

xoxo 
-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or a question! I really appreciate it and will answer as quickly as I can!