Sunday, July 8, 2012

Processed to Curly: Part 2

Hi lovelies!

I know you all are SUPER concerned about my hair. It's a crucial topic for a lot of women, and I honestly have never had complaints or issues with my hair... Until now.  I very rarely have I had "bad hair days" or serious salon blunders, and I know I am very fortunate in that.  But now my hair has morphed into a semi-untamable beast.  (If you have curly locks like I do, you understand every day is a new day to "tame the beast.")

Week 1 is behind me, and I've got to say, it has been FRUSTRATING!  I spent all of 10 days washing my hair with a baking soda mixture and apple cider vinegar/water mixture before turning back to shampoo and conditioner.  In the past two days I have added argon oil & a mild frizz tamer.

Baking Soda & ACV Rinse:
I've got to say, for all those advocates out there, this did absolutely nothing for my hair.  Maybe I didn't keep with it long enough.  Maybe my hair is too damaged for this routine right now.  Who knows!?! (A hairdresser probably.)  It dried my already damaged and brittle locks WAY too much for my hair to anywhere close to manageable.  My hair just became very frizzy, kinda kinky, but mostly limp and straight.  Here are some pictures of my hair using this routine:

Top 
(how awful is that?! It looks, and feels, like straw!)

Middle 
(Not too bad, still pretty frizzy and limp)

Bottom
(Oh sweet shine and body!)

Shampoo & Conditioner:
After seeing my hair the day I took those pictures, I snapped, wholeheartedly snapped.  I just want what my hair used to be back.  Maybe this is repayment for a couple years of styling twice a week.  

So, the next day I ran errands and made sure one of my stops was a beauty salon to purchase S & C.  I am currently using Paul Mitchell(R) Awapuhi Shampoo & The Detangler. These are two products I grew up using, and in silly teenage angst or whatever, I abandoned them at the first chance I had to buy "my own products."  Silly, silly me.  Sometimes mother does know best.  But I have gone back to them, and so far my hair is more manageable.  It is still unruly, but I honestly think it needs a cut. 

I have only washed twice with the S & C, but I can tell a minor difference, that I think, in time will be far greater.

*Side note: I will be doing a blog about Paul Mitchell products, and in it I will describe the benefits of both products listed above.*

Finishing Products:
I have only been using any finishing products the last two days.  One day was a wash day, the other was just a normal shower.  (Wash days are days I S&C my hair.  Typically twice a week, on non-consecutive days.  "Normal" days are days I exclude S&C from my routine, or add a tiny bit of C to the ends.)  

The products I have been using are: A sample size of Redken(R) Argon-6 & Davines(R) MOMO / fluid Moisturizing Anti-Frizz Protective Fluid.  How I use these products: I place a quarter size dollop of MOMO in the palm of my hand and add 3-4 drops of the Argon-6.  My hair is noticeably softer, and mildly less frizzy.  The hairline around my face, and crown areas, are deeply damaged, so there is still quite a halo of frizz in these areas.  However, the rest of my hair is reacting quite nicely to these finishers.  However, I may not continue with them once they are gone.  I prefer Moroccan Oil(R), and I haven't found a Davines(R) retailer where I currently live.

Hopefully, I will have some progress to show and tell about in next week's, Part 3!!

xoxo,
-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or a question! I really appreciate it and will answer as quickly as I can!